Welcome to the Sim Racing Society, if you're a sim racer or enjoy racing games, this is the society for you! We welcome all levels of interest and experience.
Through our weekly hosted events, you’ll be able to learn new skills and develop your strategies, all whilst enjoying the hobby with other like-minded students. Our weekly events mainly take place on Assetto Corsa Competizione and iRacing, but our community is orientated for all members to share knowledge, experiences and meet new people. Members also have the opportunity to represent the university through the society team.
Our Aims and Objectives:
- To create a friendly community of students with an interest in sim racing.
- To provide a platform for students to regularly share knowledge, practice together, compete against members and race as teammates.
- To encourage the progression of new and experienced sim racers.
- Practice - Battle Buddies | Learn the Track | Hotlapping (iRacing & ACC)
- Competition - Sprint Races | Mini-Endurance Races | Time Trials
- Discord Community
- + Much More
We're kicking off Year Zero with:
- Game: Assetto Corsa Competizione (PC)
- Track: Brands Hatch
- Car: McLaren 720s
- Year Zero - We'll be launching our online sessions this June! Come help us build a new society with your input and feedback.
What is Sim Racing?
Sim Racing is the short form of "simulated racing" and describes a separate esports category. As the name suggests, this genre is all about reflecting real racing as accurately as possible - including possible variables such as fuel consumption, tyre wear, and vehicle setups.
Sim racing also allows the paths of 'ordinary' students like us to cross paths with professional racing drivers such as Max Verstappen, Lando Norris and Charles Leclerc as they hone their skills.
If you have any questions about joining or want a better idea about the society, please email our president: email@example.com