Welcome to EUFAS!
- We provide informal first aid training for free to any member of the university community!
- We create a fun and caring environment – members are free to attend as many sessions as they like.
- We provide the opportunity to be formally first aid trained with and volunteer for St John Ambulance. Volunteers can regularly volunteer at events in Devon and beyond.
- We hold a variety of social events. In 2021-2022, these included bowling, our annual Christmas dinner and a ‘The Chase’ themed quiz, as well as our weekly trips to The Ram!
- We fundraise for St John Ambulance, such as through holding CPRathons.
We also raised awareness of Restart a Heart Day and Defibruary in 2021-2022.
We meet weekly during term to learn about the various aspects of first aid, covering everything from a simple cut to a medical emergency. We are run by students, for students, and know that the best way to learn is to get hands-on! Our meetings are fun, interactive and practical, and followed by a trip to the Ram to relax and make new friends. We also regularly run socials and have guests including NHS staff to spark your interest!
EUFAS is integrated with the university’s St John Ambulance unit – Exeter Student Volunteering Unit (SVU), which is also completely student run. We recruit new members every year to become first aid volunteers for SJA. These volunteers receive comprehensive first aid training to become operational first aiders for the nation’s leading first aid charity. They can volunteer to provide first aid cover as part of SJA at a wide range of events. There are even opportunities to progress up to the level of emergency ambulance crew and travel all over the country!
Email us at email@example.com with any questions, and follow our social media!
Exeter SVU – Student Unit of the Year – 2019/2020
EUFAS – Shortlisted for Best Society – Exeter Guild Awards 2020