Aims and Objectives:
- To provide first aid training for free to any member of the student community.
- To create a fun and caring environment while learning. Members are free to attend as many sessions as they like.
- Provide the opportunity to be selected to be a St John Ambulance volunteer, become formally trained and join Exeter Student Volunteering Unit. Volunteers can then regularly go out on duties such as London Marathon, Graduation and Freshers balls, Wimbledon, Tar Barrels and the Grizzly.
- Hold a variety of socials, both as a society and fundraising for St John Ambulance. Our fundraising events in 2019-2020 included a sponsored skydive, cake sales, a casino night, Take Me Out, Open Mic night, a sponsored CPRathon and many more.
- Organise opportunities to get involved with Outreach events, teaching the wider community about first aid and how they can save lives, visiting pubs, Brownies, schools and more !
EUFAS - BEST SOCIETY (SHORTLISTED) - EXETER GUILD AWARDS 2020
EXETER SVU - STUDENT UNIT OF THE YEAR - 2019/20
Exeter University First Aid Society (EUFAS) is the university's first aid society, providing first aid training and the skills to save lives and relieve suffering to all students - free of charge!
We meet every Wednesday evening at 19:00 during term to learn about various aspects of first aid, covering everything from resuscitation to burns, fractures to defibrillation, and bites and stings to medical emergencies!
We regularly bring in visitors (including NHS paramedics), go on trips (including to the Devon Air Ambulance base), run socials (ranging from pub crawls to bowling!) and bring in more advanced kit to spark your interest and further your skills (including ambulances, spinal boards, and advanced medical monitoring equipment).
We are completely run by students, for students, and know that the best way to learn is to get hands-on! Our meetings are always interactive, fun, and practical, and are followed by our traditional trip to the Ram to relax and make new friends.
EUFAS is also integrated with the university's St John Ambulance unit - Exeter University Student Volunteering Unit (Exeter SVU), which is also completely student-run, and recruit a new cohort of society members every year to become first aid volunteers for SJA. These volunteers receive comprehensive first aid training through a structured programme and will progress to become operational first aiders for the nation's leading first aid charity, so that they can volunteer to provide first aid cover as a part of the national SJA family at a wide range of different events. There are opportunities to progress all the way to the level of emergency ambulance crew and travel all over the country!
If you have any questions or would like more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.