Aims and Objectives:
- Educate about Hinduism religion and make people aware about the culture
- Help students integrate with each other
- Provide an area for non-Hindu and Hindu students to socialise and learn more about the religion whilst having fun by attending fun events organised by the committee such as, Diwali, Navratri, debates on current issues, etc.
- Give back to the local community by organising sewa (service) days, in the previous years we have done so by making food for the homeless and gardening for free for those who are unable to themselves.
- Provide a comfortable environment
We are a friendly society with the aim of bringing Hindu students in Exeter together. We wish to create a home away from home for fellow Hindu students by celebrating festivals and various cultural activities, which bring like-minded people together to form friendships and create memories which will last a lifetime.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK TO GET UPDATES :)
We are affiliated with the National Hindu Students’ Forum (NHSF), which means we take part in regional and national events, including Hindu Awareness Week, Sewa (Charity) Week, and Sports tournaments against other Hindu Societies in the UK.
All students are welcome to join, both Hindus and non-Hindus who may want to explore the religion or merely join in on the fun. Throughout the year we will celebrate Navratri with dance, Makar Sankranti with kites, and Diwali with fireworks and lights. As well as this expect a range of other events, like sports, talks, Sewa (Charity) activities, discussion groups, and socials such as trips to the beach, and movie nights!
CHECK OUT OUR YOUTUBE VIDEO FOR AN INSIGHT INTO WHAT WE ARE ALL ABOUT!
Please feel free to contact any one of our committee members!