Welcome to the Exeter Wilderness Medicine Society!
We are a group of students who are passionate about learning and sharing the skills necessary to take medical care out of the hospital and to the patient wherever they need it. We are open to students both within and outside the medical field!
We are a small committee, but we are dedicated to bringing opportunities to engage in wilderness and prehospital medicine to our members.
Some of the ways that we plan to do this are:
- Talks from healthcare professionals in the field.
- Workshops to teach skills necessary to deal with traumatic injuries and medicine in challenging environments.
- Raising awareness of events and opportunities for students that are interested.
- Organising a team to represent Exeter at the national inter-medical school competition Wild Trials (Covid permitting)
- More social events, such as walking trips and more Exeter-based events.
Please join the society and head over to our Facebook group to find out what's going on!
Aims and Objectives:
- Introduce medical students to a new environment of practising medicine.
- Share knowledge and skills to provide care in challenging environments through lectures and workshops from professionals.
- Organise trips to the outdoors for students.
- Set up a team for the Wild Trials 2020 and provide training.
- Have a social standing and community-feel amongst our members.