The University of Exeter Surgical Society is one of the largest academic societies at the University of Exeter Medical School.
Our aim is: 'To inspire the surgeons of tomorrow' through surgeon-led lectures, surgical placement schemes and dedicated suturing skills workshops. We are proud to officially be crowned the best surgical society in the country last year, through winning the Association of Surgeons in Training (ASiT) Battle of the Student Surgical Societies 2018 and to have gone on to organise the multi-award-winning National South West Plastic Surgery Conference 2018 and 2019.
We are proud to have received official endorsement by the Royal College Surgeons of England through the 'In Partnership Scheme'. We are an established and long-running society on campus and look forward to bringing you, even more, this academic year.
Stay tuned and to receive all these amazing benefits, please join our society here for only £5:
Aims and Objectives:
- To enhance undergraduate surgical education for students at the University of Exeter and across the South West.
- To enthuse students about a career in surgery through regular, high-quality lectures, workshops, placements, outreach events and conferences..
- To ensure the Exeter Surgical Society continues to establish strong links with the local medical school community, wider Exeter community at the Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital, and across the South West and the UK through affiliation with the Royal College Surgeons of England.
What we offer:
- Regular surgeon-led Clinical Anatomy and Pathology Lectures
- The Award-Winning National South West Plastic Surgery Conference
- The ExeSS Surgical Placement Scheme
- Termly Suturing Skills Courses
- Careers Evenings
- Inspirational/motivational lectures
- Anatomy workshops
- Introduction to research workshops
- Exclusive offers from our sponsors
And all for just £5! For more information see our website and follow us on Facebook and Twitter!