Exeter University Creative Writing Society
We are a community of writers that have made an inclusive, encouraging space to develop, share and publish work. We welcome writers of all experience and skill level, whether you've been writing for years or fancy taking up a new hobby, CWSoc aims to support you in your writing and provide a comfortable, motivating atmosphere for you to flourish.
Our weekly workshops alternate between poetry and prose, each one themed and tailored to the interests and feedback of our members to provide a relaxed, lead workshop where you're free to express yourself in a group of like-minded individuals (we also provide snacks sometimes).
Membership includes free weekly workshops, drop-in sessions with the editors of our journal, ENIGMA, and discounted tickets to all events held by the society, such as showcases at Exeter Phoenix!
For any extra info check out our Instagram or Facebook, and don't hesitate to get in touch! We also have Pinterest, a curated selection of images and words to inspire you, and a Discord server for members of the society to communicate, share work, receive feedback, etc.!
Aims and Objectives:
- Support society members as emerging writers and creators in their projects and portfolios, promoting confidence and providing practical skills in the craft of writing
- Run weekly workshops for prose and poetry as well as drop-in sessions.
- Host at least one event each term where people can exhibit and/or perform their work and also enjoy an evening of creativity
- Host inclusive, engaging socials for members to enjoy one another's company outside of our weekly workshop's.
- Develop and envision our journal, ENIGMA, in order to catalogue work from writers and help with the editing process