Assalamu 'Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu!
We greet you with the greetings of peace. Welcome to the Exeter Islamic Society Guild Page!
Vision: To unite the Muslims in Exeter and create a platform to help them develop, grow, and fulfil their obligations to Allah, seeking His pleasure and reward.
Mission: To improve the University life of Muslim students at Exeter by creating a dynamic, united and welcoming campus community, fun environment and platform to learn, develop and implement the Deen of Allah.
Aims and Objectives:
- To work for the sake of Allah and fulfill our obligations of spreading the message and knowledge of Islam on and off campus
- To follow, uphold and implement the teachings of the Qur’an and the Sunnah.
- Create an environment where Muslims can practice their faith freely. Facilitate daily prayers at appropriate times.
- Ensure fulfilment of responsibilities regarding the management of the ISOC Prayer Rooms, ensuring that they are maintained and all Muslims are welcome to pray and practise Islam.
- Provides an environment of learning and where members can grow in faith but also where they can have fun and make new friends through regular socials.
- Promote unity, brotherhood and sisterhood amongst the Muslims on campus. Promote friendly relations between Muslims and non-Muslims.
- Raise awareness, clarify misconceptions and improve the image and understanding of Islam through regular talks, events and campaigns.
- To combat Islamophobia on campus, through improving knowledge and engaging in dialogue.
- Act as the voice for Muslims on campus and represent them in the best manner possible.
Through a combination of our weekly halaqas, regular guest speakers, social and sports events, and campaigns such as Charity Week, we provide a platform for our members to enhance their creativity and share their skills to benefit the wider university community while simultaneously enabling them to access a range of sources about Islam.
Exeter Islamic Society
Winners of University of Exeter Students' Guild 'Student Group of the Year' (2012/13) & FOSIS South 'Most Outstanding Islamic Society' (2012/13), Exeter Islamic Society provides a platform and hub for Muslims students to practice their faith and learn about it freely and for those individuals from a non-Islamic background to further their knowledge about Islam. We strive to promote unity, brotherhood and sisterhood amongst the Muslims on campus and promote friendly relations between Muslims and non-Muslims. We seek to raise awareness, clarify misconceptions and improve the image and understanding of Islam through regular talks, events and campaigns.
Our affiliation with the umbrella organisation FOSIS (Federation of Student Islamic Societies) ensures that our members are given access to events and opportunities throughout both Exeter and the UK, alongside providing us with the opportunity to attract internationally acclaimed speakers.
So what are you waiting for? Join the Islamic Society! :)