We are the Sikh Society!
The Sikh Society supports students and raises awareness about the concepts of Sikhsim. Our society aims to provide a safe space for Sikhs and non-Sikhs alike to learn more about Sikhism, as well as providing opportunities to meet new people through our social events. We will also work with our new multifaith chaplain Sukhbir Singh to organise prayer meetings throughout the academic year.
Our key objectives include:
- Spreading awareness regarding Sikh culture and uniting Sikhs across Exeter.
- Consistently providing fun and informative events for Sikh Society members.
- Building a Sewadar (selfless volunteering) community in Exeter by working with UK charities.
- Uniting Sikh Society with existing faith societies within Exeter and with other universities across the UK.
Some of our main activties for the academic year include:
- Meet and greet events, such as 'Cha and Chat'.
- Weekly prayer meetings.
- Collaborations with other societies for joint socials.
For Sikh students, here is the address for Exeter Gurdwara:
10 Clifton Street
Opening Times: Exeter Gurdwara is open daily from 9-10am for Japji Sahib Ji and from 7-7:30pm for Rehras Sahib. Every Sunday it is open from 10am-1pm for Sukhmani Sahib and Guru Ka Langar.
- Make sure to follow our society on Instagram @exetersikhsoc to stay updated with our latest events.
- Here is the link to our WhatsApp group: https://chat.whatsapp.com/BlIJYUoypBM2d9XvTxuag4 .
We look forward to welcoming as many members as possible!