Exeter's Business and Finance Society (BFS) brings together like-minded individuals from all backgrounds and disciplines to develop their career aspirations and offer business insights, networking and opportunities in a social and fun manner!
We are Exeter's largest academic society, with over 900 members last year, but also incredibly diverse with more female than male members and our members studying an array of subjects.
The world of business and finance is broadening its scope beyond solely recruiting business school students, and so are we, with students studying STEM subjects, humanities and languages very well represented within our society.
Joining BFS looks great on your CV as you can demonstrate an active interest in the world of business and finance, and the society provides plenty of material to talk about at interview:
- Talks and networking opportunities with our sponsors and alumni students
- Last year, Citi Bank ran a Financial Markets Simulation in conjunction with BFS which gave 60 students the experience of being traders.
Why Sign Up?
- Opportunities Fair, an event which last year saw over 200 students learn about graduate, internship and placement opportunities
- Office Visits & Alumni Drinks providing excellent industry insight and networking opportunities
- Our extremely popular Winter and Spring Ball’s, both of which had over 120 attendees last year.
- Incredibly well-attended social events throughout the year, consistently attracting over 80 attendees, all of whom are provided with free refreshments (alcoholic or otherwise).
- Intramural Sport, last year 100 students played sport for BFS every single week during term time.
- European Excursion, BFS took 70 of our members to Prague for a fun weekend away, and this year we are planning on going to Budapest!
Find out more at https://www.exeterbfs.com